Saturday, 30 April 2016

Writing: Amnesia Agents Book 2 Begins and Book 1 on Special Offer!

The writing process is a funny old thing. Often, the only thing a writer needs to keep going is the validation that someone else likes what they're doing. So it was, then, that I've been really gratified to see two five-star reviews appear on Amazon.co.uk for Amnesia Agents Book 1. It's been a small start but feedback so far has been universally positive. I'm open, though, to constructive feedback, as any writer should be. I'm already working on Book 2 now, with the working title of 'The Remembered Man'. That will probably change further on down the line.

Currently, there is a print edition available via Lulu.com. I've used them for this edition because I've used them successfully before, but I'm looking at other avenues going forward. I want to be able to demonstrate that there is an audience for this story before I take it to agents and publishers, having had no success with seeking agent representation before. It's never about making money (although that would be nice) but about reaching readers. So... at the moment, extended for another week, the print edition of The Forgotten Child is available at the knockdown price of £4.00 from Lulu.com. 

For those of you who are enabled with a Kindle or a Kindle app on your phone, tablet, laptop, PC or even, so I gather, your TV (although quite how you'd read a book on a TV I don't know), the e-book version is available from all Amazon shops globally. From Amazon.co.uk, it's £2.82, although from 1st May for one week only, I'm reducing the price for a special promotion to 99p and equivalent in the USA and the rest of the world. You can read a preview of Amnesia Agents Book 1 The Forgotten Child and order your copy here and begin reading instantly!

This is how it starts. I tend to write long-hand in a notebook until I have enough of  handle on the structure of the chapter, then I type up each chapter individually as separate Word documents, only bringing them together later. I've learned the hard way how easy it is for a hard drive to crash and lose the whole thing. Thanks to The Great Cloud for all the storage, things are easier now! So, here's a very very rough preview of Book 2 (which will probably change a lot before I even start typing)...



No comments:

Post a Comment